mandag den 24. juni 2013

My favorite shops: ReUse




















Tonight I am happy to invite you inside of one of my favorite shops here in Aalborg: ReUse. A cute and charming place oozing nostalgia and packed with special finds from the past - and some from the present too. It is a vintage wonderland, a Mecca for people like myself who are suckers for all things retro. Furniture, vases, tin signs, candle holders, posters, wooden letters, mirrors, lamps, pots, jewelry, baby clothes, you name it, the shop has it, and I could literally spend hours just walking around looking at all the little details. Sannie,  the owner of the shop (who makes you feel right at home, by the way) has done an amazing job finding little treasures and putting them together. She touches up old furniture by polishing, treating, painting, and re-upholstering it to make it look fresh whilst maintaining that special retro charm - and she was kind enough to show me the back of the shop where she was in full swing working on some very cool teak chairs, which you can see on the second to last photo (and which I was contemplating getting for our dining table). I ended up buying some wooden letters for our kitchen and a beautiful white pot with blue flowers on it - purely ornamental, of course. I'm in love - and I have a feeling ReUse and I will be seeing a lot of each other in the future. 

*ReUse is located at Danmarksgade 3, Aalborg.

Dansk: Velkommen indenfor hos en af mine absolut yndlingsbutikker her i Aalborg (Danmarksgade 3): ReUse. Et charmerende sted, som oser af nostalgi, og som er fyldt med fede fund fra fortiden - og fra nutiden også. Kort sagt: Et Mekka for folk, der som mig elsker alt, hvad der retro og vintage. Sannie, som ejer butikken, finder lækre møbler på loppemarkeder og i antikbutikker, som hun frisker op ved at slibe, male, behandle, og ombetrække dem, mens hun bevarer den særlige retro charme, naturligvis. Jeg er forelsket, og jeg har på fornemmelsen, ReUse og jeg kommer til at se meget mere til hinanden.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar