søndag den 26. maj 2013

Oriental meatballs with bulgur





I didn't make these today. Today I'm recovering from yesterday's carnival shenanigans, and my energy level and cooking motivation are equal to zero. No, I made and ate these earlier this week when I wasn't suffering from a bad hangover and severe tiredness. And they were good. Very good, if I do say so myself. My boyfriend liked them too, and they will definetely be added to our list of regulars. I served them with a salad made of mixed lettuces, avocado, blueberries, green capsicum, bulgur, fresh mint, and honey-toasted sunflower seeds, and a sesame and mint dressing that matched the meatballs (recipe below).

Oriental meatballs (serves 4 people):

400 g minced beef
60 g bulgur
1 egg
1 big onion, finely-chopped
Peel from 1 lemon
3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Salt and peber
Cumin

Sesame and mint dressing:

3 dl. Greek yoghurt or skyr
2 cloves of garlic, pressed or finely-chopped
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
i tablespoon coriander, chopped
Juice from half a lemon
Salt and peber

Boil the bulgur for a couple of minutes and let it cool. Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds lightly on a pan until they get a light brown color. In a bowl, mix minced beef with bulgur, egg, salt, peber, and cumin. Add onion, lemon peel, parsley, mint, and sesame seeds, and stir until well-combined. Shape 20 small, round meat-balls, and fry them in olive oil on a heated pan until they are dark brown and crisp. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, and taste with salt, peber, and lemon juice. And there you go; a simple and easy yet seriously yummy everyday dinner. Now if you'll excuse me, my baking/cooking motivation suddenly arrived, and I simply must go to the kitchen and make a snack of some sort.
 
Dansk: Tidligere denne uge lavede jeg disse orientalsk-inspirerede frikadeller, som jeg serverede sammen med en salat med forskellige salater, avocado, grøn peber, blåbær, bulgur og honningristede solsikkekerner, samt en dressing af skyr med mynte, coriander, hvidløg, sesamfrø og citronsaft. De var et stort hit herhjemme og er blevet en ny hverdagsfavorit. Jeg håber, I også vil nyde dem.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar